Nissan Consult-II ECU reverse-engineering & reflashing
Notes and resources concerning Nissan / Infiniti ECUs. The focus is those units based on Renesas SuperH microcontrollers (typically SH7055 or SH7058). These seem to be used in vehicles from approx MY01-MY10.
Reflashing those ECUs safely and reliably, without needing to open the (sealed) case. This means through the OBD2 K line, or CAN bus. This has been done; typically those who have gone through this RE process have then disappeared or started a business selling their services. Hence, everybody keeps reinventing the wheel, and this is why the Nissan tuning scene is about 15 years behind Subaru ! Hopefully this wiki can help share painstakingly obtained knowledge.
Main external resources
These are the main places where, as of 2016, work is being done on these ECUs.
- Ongoing discussion and analysis of ROMs on the RomRaider forums: "dumping tool" thread
- List of known ECUIDs and basic information @ RR "Nissan stock ROM list" thread
- Example of tuning a QR25DE ECU, with map analysis etc. @ NDS forums QR25DE Tuning
- ecuhacking.activeboard.com forum thread
- Nissan ECU unbricking tutorial with "shbootmode"
Some of the pages on this wiki :
- Connecting to the ECU
- Software tools
- Known ROM list
- Analysis notes for certain ROMs
- EEPROM dumps
- ECU hardware versions
- SuperH docs
- Writing code for the SuperH !
- Firmware analysis , RE, algorithms